This month, we welcome guest mixer SynthEtiX, aka Alvaro Sandoval (right). I asked him several questions about him and his music. Check out his DuneCast below!
How long have you lived in the Coachella Valley?
I was born and raised in the Coachella Valley. Nothing beats the summer and winter seasons, and the surrounding mountains.
What would you say your “style” is with your music?
I take influence from techno and house. I focus on percussion grooves and a jazz-style call-and-response technique.
What got you into being a DJ and producing?
Thanks to my family influence, I’ve always been a musician and surrounded myself with creative individuals. I started writing classical music (for the challenge) when I was in high school, and I was no good at it. (Ha ha!) But I learned to push myself and funnel my stress, happiness and other feelings into motivation.
My steps for success: 1: Do what you love. 2: Pour your heart and soul into it. 3: Nourish your art and self. 4: Happiness.
- SynthEtiX, “Intimate Settings”
- SynthEtiX, “Heart Stop”
- Huxley, “Cobourg” (Agnes Mix)
- Patrick Topping, “Forget”
- Jesse Slayter and Wuki, “That’s Right”
- Sluggers, “Horizon”
- NAPT and Roska, “Come Like This”
- Justin Martin, “Buggin”
- Chambray, “Ghetto Giants”
- Champion, “Execution”
- Victor Ruiz, “Message”
- Booka Shade featuring Fritz Helder, “Love Drug” (Silversix Remix)
- Above and Beyond, “Thing Called Love” (LUST for SynthEtiX Mix)