What: The Happy Hour New York Steak
Where: Sammy G’s Tuscan Grill, 265 S. Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs
How much: $15
Contact: 760-320-8041; www.sammygsrestaurant.com
Why: It’s a fantastic deal.
There are so many things we like about the happy hour New York steak deal at Sammy G’s Tuscan Grill that we feel the need to make a list:
1. It’s inexpensive. For just $15—the cost of a cocktail at some wayward “upscale” bars—you can get an 8-ounce New York steak. And fries. And a mixed-greens salad. In other words, you can enjoy a whole meal for just three Lincolns. Spiffy, eh?
2. It’s high-quality. You’re probably wondering about the quality of the steak: Is this one of those nasty hunks of meat like the stuff you’d get on special at a low-end Las Vegas casino? Absolutely not: We’ve enjoyed Sammy G’s happy hour steaks several times now, and every one we’ve received has been tender, with little gristle and fat. Oh, and the folks in the kitchen have successfully grilled the steak to order (medium rare, thank you) each and every time.
3. Happy hour is more like happy 8 1/2 hours. You know how some restaurant happy hours are, well, shortish in duration? Or only on certain days of the week? Not so here: Sammy G’s happy hour runs from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day in the lounge/bar area.
4. The atmosphere is lovely. Sammy G’s lounge is nice and huge. You can sit at a table, at the bar, or even on the patio. You’ll be comfortable no matter where you dine.
5. There are other great deals available during happy hour, too. Like $5 well drinks and $6 martinis.
Do both your wallet and your palate a favor, and check out this amazing happy hour deal!