It’s 2015! This month, I have put together a mix featuring artists you’ll most likely be hearing from this year.
Coachella is just around the corner, and you may notice a lot of “electronic” acts that you have not heard before when the lineup is announced. I think Gorgon City—which played on the Do Lab stage at Coachella 2014—will be huge this year; keep an ear out for them.
This month’s mix also features tracks from producer Ben Macklin, an artist I have really taken to recently. His music features lots of bass and tropical vibes featuring synths as well as pianos. It’s perfect for an enjoyable winter day in the desert.
The term “EDM” (electronic dance music) has spread like fire and has been used to describe myriad musical stylings. It’s much like the idea of “rock” music: Multiple genres reside underneath a blanket term. I challenge you to take a closer look at the genres that dance music offers. If you are new to this style of music, use this mix as a primer for a new year of discovery.
Listen below. Enjoy!
- Ben Macklin, “It’s Over” (Original Mix)
- Overjoy featuring Lex Famous, “Monstrous” (Colour Vision Remix)
- Deep Sound Express featuring Raha, “After Rain” (Ben Macklin Remix)
- JackLNDN, “And What”
- Cazzette, “Sleepless” (Hotel Garuda and Thero Remix)
- JesusdaPnK, “Ain’t No Game” (Colour Vision Remix)
- Just Kiddin, “Thinking About It” (All Night Shoes Remix)
- Tensnake, “No Relief”
- Dusky, “Yoohoo” (Original Mix)
- Freya, “2 Mouths, 1 Love”
- Gorgon City, “Imagination”
- Russ Chimes, “Baiona” (Original Mix)