This month, we’re celebrating one year of “FRESH Sessions,” and I have to thank all of you who have tuned in since the start. When I began writing this column, I wanted to share my love of electronic music with the valley. As the months have gone on, I have evolved as a DJ—and, of course, my sound has evolved as well.
I love the feeling dance music and house music give me. You can dance, be free, shake about—and when you look around, everyone in the room is doing the same thing. There are no pretentious attitudes and no negative judgments—just “good vibes,” as I like to say.
This column has evolved from simple words with a mix to live shows. This month, we will be celebrating at the Hacienda Cantina and Beach Club on Saturday, Oct. 11, at 10 p.m. This will be a free event and will feature DJ sets from DJ Day, COLOUR VISION and myself.
Thank you all. I look forward to sharing more with you in the future. Here’s to another year!
- Jessie Andrews featuring Comets We Fall, “You Won’t Forget Tonight”
- Me and My Toothbrush, “Sundown” (Croatia Squad Remix)
- Endor, “Wiggle”
- Moon Boots featuring Kyiki, “Don’t Ask Why” (Vanilla Ace and Barber Remix)
- Gorgon City featuring Clean Bandit, “Intentions” (Club Mix)
- Oliver, “Fast Forward”
- TRU Concept and Endor featuring Romany, “Intentions”
- Basement Jaxx, “What’s the News”
- Ruffneck featuring Yavahn, “Everybody Be Somebody” (Lucas and Steve Remix)
- The Voyagers featuring Haris, “A Lot Like Love” (Oliver Heldens Edit)
- Alex Metric featuring Stefan Storm, “Heart Weighs a Ton”
- Basement Jaxx, “Never Say Never” (Louis La Roche Remix)
- Duck Sauce featuring Teddy Toothpick, “Everyone”
- Adam F and Cory Enemy, “When It Comes to You,” featuring Dizzee Rascal and Margot (Vindata Remix)