Our big April Music Issue will start hitting newsstands next week—and to celebrate, we’re releasing April’s Coachella-themed FRESH Sessions mix a bit early!
The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival has been around since 1999, and has grown—massively—ever since.This year’s lineup features a diverse collection of performers from all over the world. To celebrate the festival, for this month’s FRESH Sessions, I’ve compiled a set of tracks that includes some music by up-and-coming artists at the festival, as well as songs by some more well-known acts.
I like Coachella because it showcases a wide variety of performers and genres. Everything from indie rock to trance is represented under various tents, all with an atmosphere that is electric. While the festival has lost a bit of its local element, unfortunately, it still seems to carry a strong sense of culture and creativity.
As for my appearances in April: Watch my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ansofficial) for an updated list of gigs—but make sure you don’t miss the Pre-Coachella Warehouse Party, at Coachella Valley Brewing Co. (30640 Gunther St., Thousand Palms), starting at 3 p.m., Saturday, April 5. Tickets are $35, and that includes four CV Brewing Co. beers, lots of music, live art and tons more. Get your tickets now at brownpapertickets.com!
In the meantime, here’s the April FRESH Sessions. Enjoy—and watch out for a surprise!
- Chromeo featuring Toro Y Moi, “Come Alive”
- Duck Sauce, “Barbara Streisand”
- Anna Lunoe and Touch Sensitive, “Real Talk”
- Flight Facilities featuring Elizabeth Rose, “I Didn’t Believe”
- Chromeo, “Bonafied Lovin’”
- DJ Topsider, “Mast (Yale x Classixx)”
- Anna Lunoe “Up and Down”
- Alf Alpha x All Night Shoes, “Deep End”
- Justin Timberlake, “Suit and Tie” (Aeroplane Remix)
- Flume featuring Chet Faker, “Left Alone”