It’s no secret: Disco is back! A genre long mocked has returned with a new face.
I have been a fan of disco since I was a kid. The Bee Gees, Electric Light Orchestra, Chic—I could go on and on. These acts were the top ticket in town for a good part of the ’70s and early ’80s. Of course, some of us may remember a night when a certain baseball team burned disco records, calling it the death of disco.
Fast forward to 2013, and disco has returned to Top 40 radio via acts including Bruno Mars and Daft Punk. The Coachella Valley fell into “disco fever” this year with Splash House, a disco- and dance-themed pool-party festival.
This month’s FRESH Mix is dedicated to disco with some familiar tracks, some new ones, and some you’ve probably never heard. Use this mix at your next house party—and turn up the heat!
Also, don’t forget to catch my “Cosmic Disco” dance party hosted at Clinic Bar and Lounge in Palm Springs on the second Saturday of each month!
Enjoy the FRESH Mix below!
- Michael Jackson, “Rock With You” (Baptiste Remix)
- CHVRCHES, “The Mother We Share” (Moon Boots Remix)
- Stevie Wonder, “Superstition” (Dilemmachine Remix)
- Funk LeBlanc Featuring T’mar, “Hold On, We’re Goin’ Home” (Drake Cover)
- Fergie, “Glamorous” (Baptiste Remix)
- Husky, “Step Back” (Figgy Remix)
- Just Kiddin’, “Feelin’ Better”
- Anoraak, “Made-Up” (Les Loups Remix)
- All Night Shoes, “Last Summer” (Album Version)